Sunday 24 July 2011

Real update tomorrow or tuesday

Spent the weekend out of town at a friend's place.  I got some work done while I was up there and now I even have a small anvil which he lent me.

I have a complete shoulder section (including breastplate) ready to assemble -- just need to finish attaching the hinges and then do the leather.  Unfortunately I seem to have left my digital camera behind at his place so I won't be able to give you a proper update for another day or two.

Stay tuned for several types of hammers and three different options of finishing the edges that go against your neck.  Also some progress on hinge-making!

2 comments:

  1. Boo for leaving your camera behind, I was looking forward to progress updates after this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the bright side, it just means that the update will be even bigger when it arrives. I have a bunch of pics taken from the weekend work, I just can't access them right now.

    ReplyDelete