Wednesday 17 August 2011

Delayed Updates

I've been splitting my time between "real-life" concerns, and some research for future armour work.  Next week I'm heading up to the cottage, so I've been reading up on some different things to work on and collecting some of the necessary tools and materials. 

I'm hoping to finish the prototype cuirass while I'm up there, and might start on a side project or two.  Foremost on the to-do list is to practice my punch, chisel, and repousse skills so I can make some belt plates.  Next on the list is to work on riveting with both copper wire and nails (still no local source for off-the-shelf solid copper rivets).  I may also work on putting a manica together.

I was also hoping to try some wire inlay, after adapting some concrete nails into the appropriate shapes.  Since I won't get a chance to visit a bench grinder before going away, I'm not sure if that will actually happen - I doubt I can do it with just chisels, but I might try anyways.

Anyways, while I will be away from the internet for most if not all of next week, I will still be taking pictures of my work.  Once I'm back, I'll start posting the new material in batches while I play catch up.

See you around!

No comments:

Post a Comment